399512-Camera Operator (Film, Television or Video)˜
Camera Operator (Film, Television or Video)˜
Sets up and operates cameras to photograph scenes for film, television or video productions.
Focus Puller (Film)
- operating microwave equipment to transmit video information to transmitter sites and receiving video signals from remote locations
- maintaining and repairing radio and television transmitters and associated equipment
- selecting and attaching equipment to cameras, positioning cameras, and following the action of scenes being photographed while adjusting controls
- positioning equipment, such as spotlights, floodlights and cables, and operating lights during filming, broadcasting and stage performances
- applying and retouching make up during shooting and performance, including special effects make up such as scars and wounds
- designing and making musical instruments and instrument parts using specially selected materials and techniques similar to those used in cabinetmaking, metal pipe making, silversmithing and wood carving, and tuning and repairing musical instruments
- setting up and adjusting equipment such as microphones, and operating sound mixing consoles and associated equipment to regulate volume and sound quality
- selecting and setting up television recording, editing and mixing equipment, and adjusting and monitoring their operation
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.574