Assists Librarians and other information managers in organising and operating systems for handling recorded material and files.
- mounting and preparing objects for display
- designing and arranging exhibit furnishings, display cases and display areas
- assisting in setting up lighting and display equipment
- receiving, shipping, packing and unpacking exhibits
- ordering new library materials and maintaining library records and circulation systems
- cataloguing printed and recorded material
- entering data into databases and editing computer records
- operating audiovisual and reprographic equipment
- searching and verifying bibliographic data
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.571