399213-Power Generation Plant Operator
Power Generation Plant Operator
Operates boilers, turbogenerators and associated plant to generate electrical power. Registration or licensing is required.
Hydro-electric Station Operator ,Power Generation Turbine Room Operator
- controlling equipment performing continuous and batch processes to process chemicals and natural gas, manufacture refined petroleum products, and blend petroleum base stocks to produce commercial fuels, lubricating oils and asphalt
- controlling the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents such as catalysts and filtering media into plant
- patrolling and inspecting equipment to ensure proper operation and setting operating controls on equipment
- analysing samples and readings and recording test data
- controlling records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations
- checking equipment for malfunctions and arranging maintenance
- operating power generation plant controls to produce required load
- monitoring operation of power generation plant and interpreting instrument readings
- authorising procedures to isolate high-voltage and low-voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writing reports and maintaining records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carrying out routine operating tests
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.569