Cuts, planes, turns, shapes and sands wood stock to specifications.
Automatic Profile Sander Operator ,Copy Lathe Operator ,Edge Bander Operator ,Jigmaker (Wood) ,Panel Saw Operator ,Woodworking Machine Setter
- studying drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- determining tooling and machine requirements and sequence of operations
- setting up woodworking machines and wood stock for correct cutting, planning, turning, shaping and sanding
- operating machines to cut, plane, turn, shape and sand work pieces
- removing old finishes by stripping with steel wool and glasspaper, and by applying solvents and paint strippers, and removing softened finishes by scraping
- applying varnish, shellac, lacquer, stains and paint to surfaces and polishing and waxing finished surfaces
- fitting and fastening frame pieces
- mounting backing materials and subjects for framing
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.562