393299-Clothing Trades Workers nec
Clothing Trades Workers nec
This occupation group covers Clothing Trades Workers not elsewhere classified.
- conferring with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- interpreting designs, sketches and samples to determine pattern specifications
- cutting out master patterns
- laying up and cutting fabric
- pinning, basting and draping garment parts
- sewing garments
- fitting basted garments on customers and marking areas requiring alteration
- sewing buttonholes, and sewing on buttons, hooks, eyes and press fasteners to finish garments
- pressing and finishing work
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.557