393111-Canvas Goods Maker˜
Canvas Goods Maker˜
Fabricates and repairs canvas and related products such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins, horse rugs and caravan annexes.
- cutting and preparing canvas, leather and sailcloth to design specifications, patterns and drawings
- sewing, gluing and riveting sections of canvas together to make articles such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins and horse rugs
- attaching grommets, fastenings and other fittings to canvas goods
- joining parts of leather articles using rivets, hand sewing, sewing machines, tools and adhesive
- restoring and repairing leather articles
- fabricating sails
- designing patterns and prototypes of boots and shoes
- making and grading patterns using manual and computerised methods
- clicking synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand and machine
- altering and repairing footwear
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.550