392111-Binder and Finisher˜
Binder and Finisher˜
Binds books and other publications, and finishes printed products by hand or machine.
Mailhouse Operator (Aus) ,Paper Guillotine Operator (Bookbinding)
- setting up and supervising the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binding full, half and limp-bound books, and repairing bindings
- folding, collating and sewing signatures by machine and hand
- operating paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programming electronically operated units
- operating systems to insert printed material into newspapers, magazines and envelopes
- embellishing printed products automatically and manually
- operating photographic and electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer and hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into screen printing presses
- loading printed items into drying racks, and unloading and stacking dry items
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.545