361199-Animal Attendants and Trainers nec
Animal Attendants and Trainers nec
This occupation group covers Animal Attendants and Trainers not elsewhere classified.
Crutching Contractor ,Muleser
- teaching animals to obey verbal and non-verbal commands and addressing behavioural problems
- training animals to accept riders and pull vehicles
- training animals to perform in competitions
- bathing, cutting, combing, blow-drying and styling pets' coats, clipping their nails and cleaning their ears
- inspecting, preparing, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining comfortable animal cages and enclosures
- transporting food, filling water troughs and feeding animals according to their individual needs
- maintaining animal health records, treating minor injuries and reporting serious conditions to Veterinarians
- exercising and playing with animals, answering visitor questions, and transferring animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusting and spraying insecticides on animals and immersing them in insecticide baths, to control insect pests
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.535