351211-Butcher or Smallgoods Maker
Butcher or Smallgoods Maker
Selects, cuts, trims, prepares and arranges meat for sale or supply, operates meat or smallgoods processing machines, or manages the processes in the production of smallgoods.
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
- selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods
- operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
- operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
- advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.527