Prepares and bakes bread loaves and rolls.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.525