342411-Cabler (Data and Telecommunications)˜
Cabler (Data and Telecommunications)˜
Installs internal telecommunications and data cabling, equipment and peripherals for computer networks, telephony, cable television and monitored security and fire alarms.
- examining drawings, specifications and work areas to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed
- locating faults in telecommunications equipment using instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and transmission measuring equipment
- attaching wires and cables to appliances
- adjusting, replacing and repairing faulty items, and testing equipment using electronic instruments
- installing cabling for telephone, radio, pay TV and computer transmission
- joining cables and sealing sheaths with lead and thermoplastic
- erecting, testing and maintaining aerial and underground wires and cables, and radio and mobile phone antennae
- installing telecommunications equipment and appliances such as telephones, switchboards and data transmission equipment
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Radio Mechanics
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.521