342311-Business Machine Mechanic˜
Business Machine Mechanic˜
Maintains, adjusts and repairs computers, photocopiers, fax machines, cash registers and other electronic commercial and office machines.
- examining and testing machines, equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
- adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments
- reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
- advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
- receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
- monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
- installing electronic instruments and control systems
- applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Avionics Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.516