Installs, maintains and repairs gas mains, piping systems downstream of the billing meter, and appliances and ancillary equipment associated with the use of fuel gases, including liquefied petroleum gas systems. Registration or licensing is required.
Gas Main and Line Fitter ,Liquefied Petroleum Gasfitter
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and associated equipment
- installing water-based fire protections systems, including fire hydrants, hose reels and sprinkler systems
- designing and installing sanitary plumbing and water supply systems, discharge pipes and sanitary fixtures
- fabricating and installing soil and waste stacks
- assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment and small bore heating systems
- installing sewerage and effluent pumping equipment and disposal systems
- installing below-ground drainage systems and associated ground support systems
- installing gas appliances, flues and pressure regulating devices
- fabricating and installing metal roofing, rainwater goods and flashings
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.508