323315-Saw Maker and Repairer˜
Saw Maker and Repairer˜
Makes, repairs, sets and sharpens blades for circular, band and other saws.
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.485