323111-Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)˜
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)˜
Inspects, tests, aligns, repairs and installs aircraft electrical and avionic system components. Registration or licensing may be required.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) ,Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments) ,Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio) ,Avionics Technician (Defence) ,Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) ,Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Instruments) ,Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Radio)
- dismantling, inspecting, testing, repairing and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- replacing and testing aircraft oxygen system components
- assembling parts and subassemblies of aircraft frames
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems
- maintaining records of action taken
- may manufacture aircraft electrical, instrument and radio hardware components
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Avionics Technicians
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.472