322313-Welder (First Class) (Aus) / Welder (NZ)
Welder (First Class) (Aus) / Welder (NZ)
Fabricates and repairs metal products using various welding techniques.
Special Class Welder
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.471