312311-Electrical Engineering Draftsperson˜
Electrical Engineering Draftsperson˜
Prepares detailed drawings and plans of electrical installations and circuitry in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Electrical Engineering Design Draftsperson ,Electrical Engineering Drafting Officer ,Relays Draftsperson ,Substation Design Draftsperson
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.439