Prepares and delivers estimates and cost plans for construction projects up to the tender settlement stage.
- assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
- interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
- preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
- preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
- coordinating works programs
- inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
- calculating costs and estimating time scales
- collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
- performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.434