272211-Minister of Religion
Minister of Religion
Performs spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of a religious faith, and provides motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of a congregation or parish, and the wider community. This occupation requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
Aboriginal Ceremonial Celebrant (Aus) ,Chaplain ,Imam ,Monk ,Priest ,Rabbi ,Salvation Army Officer
- preparing and conducting services of public worship and acknowledgments of faith
- preparing and delivering sermons, homilies and special talks, and planning music for services
- participating in the social and welfare activities of communities, encouraging people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organising participation in community projects
- conducting classes of religious instruction, and supervising prayer and discussion groups, retreats and seminars
- conducting premarital and family counselling and referring people to professional service agencies where necessary
- performing marriages, funerals and special memorial services according to tradition and ecclesiastical and civil law
- visiting members of the community in their homes, hospitals and other institutions to provide advice and religious comfort
- keeping records as required by the church and civil law
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. The occupation in this unit group requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.399