271299-Judicial and Other Legal Professionals nec
Judicial and Other Legal Professionals nec
This occupation group covers Judicial and Other Legal Professionals not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing may be required.
Family Court Registrar (Aus) ,Family Law Mediator,Judicial Registrar (Aus) ,Legal Researcher,Legal Officer ,Parliamentary Counsel
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- conducting trials and hearings
- calling and questioning witnesses
- hearing and evaluating arguments and evidence in civil and criminal summary matters
- deciding penalties and sentences within statutory limits, such as fines, bonds and detention, awarding damages in civil matters, and issuing court orders
- exercising arbitral powers if resolution is not achieved or seems improbable through conciliation
- preparing settlement memoranda and obtaining signatures of parties
- advising government of legal, constitutional and parliamentary matters and drafting bills and attending committee meetings during consideration of bills
- advising clients and agents on legal and technical matters
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. Judges require appointment by the government or crown and must have been a Magistrate or an experienced legal practitioner of at least seven years standing. Magistrates must have been a legal practitioner of at least five years standing (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.391