254422-Registered Nurse (Mental Health)˜
Registered Nurse (Mental Health)˜
Provides nursing care to patients with mental health illness, disorder and dysfunction, and those experiencing emotional difficulties, distress and crisis in health, welfare and aged care facilities, correctional services and the community. Registration or licensing is required.
Psychopaedic Nurse (NZ) ,Registered Nurse (Child and Adolescence Mental Health) ,Registered Nurse (Drug and Alcohol) ,Registered Nurse (Psychiatric Rehabilitation) ,Registered Nurse (Psychogeriatric Care)
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.361