254418-Registered Nurse (Medical)˜
Registered Nurse (Medical)˜
Provides nursing care to patients with conditions, such as infections, metabolic disorders and degenerative conditions, which require medical intervention in a range of health, aged care and community settings. Registration or licensing is required.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.359