253399-Internal Medicine Specialists nec
Internal Medicine Specialists nec
This occupation group covers Internal Medicine Specialists not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
Clinical Allergist ,Clinical Geneticist ,Clinical Immunologist ,Clinical Pharmacologist ,Geriatrician ,Industrial Medicine Specialist ,Infectious Diseases Specialist ,Palliative Medicine Specialist ,Rehabilitation Medicine Physician (Aus) / Musculoskeletal Specialist (NZ) ,Sexual Health Physician ,Sleep Medicine Specialist
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.330