Investigates, diagnoses and treats internal diseases and disorders in children from birth up to, and including, adolescence. Registration or licensing is required.
Neonatologist ,Paediatric Thoracic Physician
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.326