251211-Medical Diagnostic Radiographer˜
Medical Imaging Technologist
Medical Diagnostic Radiographer˜
Operates X-ray and other medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with Radiologists or other Medical Practitioners. Registration or licensing is required.
Magnetic Resonance Technologist
- receiving referrals from Medical Practitioners to perform medical imaging and radiation treatment of patients
- determining the appropriate equipment to use, such as X-ray equipment, radiation scanners, fluoroscopes, ultrasound equipment, nuclear instrumentation, angiography equipment and computed tomography (CT) equipment, and selecting the appropriate equipment settings to provide the diagnostic information requested by Medical Practitioners
- calculating details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure to radiation, size and strength of dosage of isotopes, and settings of recording equipment
- explaining procedures to patients and answering patients' inquiries about processes
- ensuring patients' welfare during procedures
- positioning patients, screens and equipment preparatory to procedures
- viewing the screen and deciding if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, and selecting images to show Medical Practitioners
- conveying findings of procedures to Medical Practitioners
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.285