Plans, designs, develops, and prepares pictures and diagrams to communicate messages, clarify meaning, assist in presentations and illustrate stories, using traditional and digital media such as drawing, painting, drafting, collage, models, photography, and image capture and manipulation software.
Animator ,Cartoonist ,Technical Illustrator
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
- formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
- may archive information for future client use
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.205