5419- TEXTILES, GARMENTS AND RELATED TRADES N.E.C.
TEXTILES, GARMENTS AND RELATED TRADES N.E.C.
Clothing manufacturer,Embroiderer,Hand sewer,Sail maker,Upholstery cutter
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of textiles and related craft occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 541: Textiles and Garments Trades.
Entry does not depend on academic qualifications. Training is mainly on-the-job although relevant vocational courses and qualifications are available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods;
- fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture;
- examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery;
- shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats;
- performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: