1181- HEALTH SERVICES AND PUBLIC HEALTH MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
HEALTH SERVICES AND PUBLIC HEALTH MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS
Director of nursing,Health Service manager,Information manager (health authority: hospital service)
Managers and directors in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of health care providers and purchasers at both district and unit levels.
Entrants require a degree or equivalent qualification, a professional qualification and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided through management training schemes. The nature of schemes varies between regions and occupational areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 1.1
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- implements policies of the board, ensures statutory procedures are followed, with particular emphasis on patient safety and the management of risk;
- liaises with health care professionals to determine short and long-term needs and how to meet these objectives within budgetary constraints;
- oversees the day-to-day management of the unit or service and provides leadership to staff;
- uses statistical information to monitor performance and assist with planning;
- negotiates and manages contracts with providers and purchasers of health care services;
- manages staff, including recruitment, appraisal and development;
- monitors and reports upon the effectiveness of services with a view to improving the efficiency of health care provision;
- coordinates the promotion of public health and wellbeing in the actions and policies of public agencies and their social partners;
- monitors and reports upon the state of public health and wellbeing.