This occupation group covers Cleaners not elsewhere classified.
Chimney Sweep ,Graffiti Cleaner ,High Pressure Cleaner,Swimming Pool Cleaner
- cleaning carpets and upholstered furniture using cleaning machines and their attachments
- selecting and applying cleaning agents to remove stains from carpets, windows and surfaces
- filling carpet cleaning machines with water and other cleaning agents
- pushing pile-lifting machines over carpets and brushing pile to raise and fluff nap
- treating carpets with soil-repellent chemicals and deodorants, and treating for pests
- using ladders, swinging scaffolds, bosun's chairs, hydraulic bucket trucks and other equipment to reach and clean windows in multi-storey buildings
- cleaning stone walls, metal surfaces, fascias and window frames using high pressure water cleaners and solvents
- applying chemicals and high pressure cleaning methods to remove micro-organisms from water and filtration systems, and using wet vacuums and other suction equipment to remove scale, accumulated dirt and other deposits from swimming pools, cooling tower components and drains
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.895