Operates a backhoe and attachments to excavate, break, drill, level and compact earth, rock and other material. Registration or licensing is required.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, winches, loading scoops, shovel blades and rock breaking hammers
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- monitoring operation of plant and adjusting controls to regulate pressure, speed and flow of operation, and ensuring safety of other workers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual and hydraulic controls
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.857